Alumni discounts in Budapest
Your CEU Alumni Card is your ticket to great discounts at select restaurants, hotels and shops throughout Budapest. See below for a list of our partners who honor your card:
- The Nad’or Boutique Bistro located in the Duna Palota building at Zrinyi utca 5, now offers a 20 % discount on dining services to the CEU community. To take advantage of this discount, show your CEU card prior to ordering.
- Padthai Wokbar (1051 Budapest, Október 6 str 4.) offers 10% discount for CEU members with valid CEU ID card. Please note that you have to go to the cashier on the left to get the discount.
- Central Bistro & Bar (Nádor str. 9, Faculty Tower 10th floor, Budapest, Hungary, 1051) offers 15% discount for CEU members with a valid card. Check the weekely menu offered for 990HUF at http://discuss.ceu.edu/menu
- Fruccola Restaurant (Budapest, Arany János u 32, Kristóf tér 32) offers a 5 % discount to CEU community members.
- Roosevelt Restaurant located on the corner of Vigyázó Ferenc str. and Szent István tér offers 20% discount for CEU students, staff and alumni with a valid student, staff or Alumni Card.
- Funky Pho is a Vietnamese fast casual restaurant awarded with “Street food of the year 2014” prize by the French restaurant guide Gault&Millau. Pho, summer rolls, noodle salads and weekly specials cherry-picked from other Asian favorites. All dishes are free of gluten, lactose, MSG or any other artificial additives. One of the first Sustainable Restaurants in Hungary offers 10 % discount for CEU card holders. Address: 1066 Budapest, Mozsár u. 7. Opening hours: Tue-Sat 11.30-22.00
- Szilvakék Paradicsom (Blue Tomato) (1136 Budapest, Pannónia utca 5-7) is open every day from 11.30 am. waiting you with great food, drinks and music. In the downstairs bar you can find a dancefloor to funk it up, and from spring we have outdoor seating to chill out. Find us on facebook or on our website. With CEU card you recieve a 20% discount! .
- Á La Maison (1051 Budapest, Nádor utca 5.) offers 10% discount on their daily menu. They also offer lunch specials for HUF 1090.- on weekdays.
- La Parrilla (1054 Budapest, Szabadság tér 4.) Lovely mediterranean restaurant offers 10% discount to CEU alumni with a valid alumni card.
Cafes and Pastry shops:
- Veryberry (1051 Budapest, Zrínyi utca 12.) offers 10% discount on products for all CEU community members with a valid ID card. Opening hours: M-S: 9.00-21.00
- Istvan cukrászda (1051 Budapest, Október 6. street 17) offers 10% discount for CEU members with a valid card.
- California Coffee Company (1066 Bp, Teréz körút 38, 1051 Bp, Szent István tér 4-5, 1088 Bp, Kálvin tér 12-13) offers a 20% discount for CEU students and alumni with a valid student or Alumni Card. For special weekly offers please check their website.
- Costa Coffee (1051 Budapest, Zrínyi utca 14.) offers a 15% discount for CEU students and alumni with a valid student or Alumni Card.
- Moritz Eis (1065 Budapest, Hajós utca 7.) offers 10 % discount on premium quality artisanal natural ice cream and sorbets . The shop is next to the Hungarian State Opera, open Mon-Sun 12.00-20.00. You need to present your CEU Alumni Card to get the discount.
Sports and recreation:
- Holmes Place is a leading health club in the heart of Budapest. CEU alumni get one week all inclusive trial pass for HUF 5000 . If you decide to join the club, you’ll get 15% discount from the monthly or yearly membership fee. Address: 1075 Budapest, Holló utca 12-14.
Absolute Tours in cooperation with Yellow Zebra Bikes offers 10 % discount for CEU students, alumni and staff. Rent a bike or discover Budapest, Vienna, Prague or Krakow during one of the city tours listed here. Book tours online using discount code ‘CEUCommunity’ and bring your alumni card! Address: 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16. (just behind the Opera House)
Retail and services:
- Figaro Hair Studio (1051 Budapest, Sas utca 5.) offers 20% discount on your haircut. Please call Szabó Mely hair stylist for an appointment: +36 20 443 71 00
- DHL (the world's leading postal and logistics Group) offers up to 80% discount to CEU community on postal and logistical services. For sending private packages please visit the DHL office in the Bank Center (entrance from Arany Janos street) where you can arrange the private delivery. Payment can be done by card or cash. Please note that the discount can be used only in the above mentioned DHL office with a valid CEU ID card.
CEU alumni are entitled to lodging discounts at several hotels and university-affiliated properties.
- The CEU Residence Center (1106 Budapest, Kerepesi ut 87) is open to alumni and features single and double rooms, one and two bedroom apartments, gym, pool and more. Cardholding alumni get discounted rates and free gym use. See prices, facilities and reservation info and contact Edina for reservation.
Discounted conference facilities available for alumni. For details,write Alexandra.
- Located in the Buda Castle District, the Raoul Wallenberg Guesthouse (1015 Budapest, Toldy Ference utca 8-10) features small, medium and large furnished apartments with kitchens and bathrooms. Hi-speed internet, housecleaning and linen service are also included. Reduced rates available for CEU alumni. See details, pricing and contact info.
Hotel President (1054 Budapest, Hold u. 3-5.) offers a pleasant experience and high level services for business travelers in the heart of Budapest, just a few minutes’ walk from CEU. Alumni get special rate on standard and superior rooms. For enquiries contact Borbás Tünde, indicating that you are a CEU alum.
- Starlight Suiten Hotel (1051 Budapest, Mérleg u. 6.) a few minutes' walk from CEU, provides a special rate for members of the CEU Alumni Association. For reservations and inquiries please contact the hotel.