CEU One: Reunion Weekend Draws Hundreds Back
CEU’s alumni family is united. As one.
That was certainly the impression during this year’s Alumni Reunion Weekend, CEUone, when more than 400 alumni from around the world returned to campus to reunite from May 2 to 4. Events ranged from festive and lighthearted to inspirational. But all emphasized the connectedness and loyalty of CEU’s growing alumni community.
- Alumni Leadership Forum (May 2-3): Focusing on “Achievements, Challenges and Goals” this two-day symposium drew CEU alumni chapter leaders and volunteers from around the world, including new chapters in India, China and St. Petersburg. Full story.
- Festivities really kicked off with Thursday’s Welcome Evening, which drew more than 50 alumni and friends – even children and parents of alumni – for a fun, informal ‘aperitivo’ and networking on the CEU rooftop. This year’s event featured live music by students Mijat Kostić, from the Nationalism Studies Program, and Stefan Mihajlović, a PhD student of the Mathematics Department. See photos.
- Friday saw the conclusion of Alumni Leadership Forum, plus the second-annual “living library” alumni/student networking event, in Nador 9 Octagon. See photos.
- Six CEU academic units, including School of Public Policy and Departments of Legal Studies, Economics and Business, Political Science, Environmental Sciences and International Relations hosted well-attended Alumni Coffeehouses throughout campus. A Reunion Weekend tradition, coffeehouses are a chance for alumni to catch up over coffee with classmates, students and faculty of their particular academic units. Units got creative this year, with SPP’s “Wine and Cake Night,” the Department of International Relations’ “Alumni Teahouse,” and the Department of Legal Studies’ hybrid coffeehouse and surprise 80th birthday party for Professor Tibor Varady. Thanks to everyone who reunited with their units and classmates!
- Saturday (May 4) started off with dozens of alumni joining us for a two-part CEU Campus Tour, which included a look at CEU’s sleek modern campus, followed by an informative “Heritage Tour” of CEU’s Nador 9 campus, originally built in the 19th century and a cultural heritage site. Afterwards, alumni could show their school spirit with cool branded items at the third and last day of the Branded Items Sale.
- Saturday night saw the main event of the CEU One Alumni Reunion Gala, which drew more than 300 alumni from around the world to the Budapest Marriott Hotel. See story and pics. (Or see gala pics and group photos.) The Gala was preceded by our fourth annual invite-only President’s Reception for alumni donors of the Loyalty and Milestone societies,and was followed by the CEU Spring Ball.
This year’s Reunion Weekend was a clear demonstration of the unity, engagement – and fun – that marks CEU’s alumni community. HUGE THANKS to all who joined us this year!