The CEU IT Department will close all graduating student accounts on July 31, 2023 (for exceptions please see point #5 below) and will switch student email accounts to alumni status upon graduates' consent provided in the graduation form (see point #6).
- When being switched to alumni status, the IT Department will change students' CEU email addresses (which also serve as users' login name) to email@example.com. To illustrate, if your previous email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, it will switch to email@example.com. Graduates will be able to receive mail sent to current student addresses as well as new alumni addresses, but will only be able to send emails from their new alumni address.
- Graduates will retain Office 365 mailbox/calendar/tasks/contacts, but:
*Other Office 365 features are not covered by this service, including access to OneDrive. Thus, graduates should plan to save their material stored there to retain access to it.
*Graduates will also lose access to Moodle. Alumni accounts do not grant Moodle access.
2. Those needing assistance with saving data before account closures should email IT helpdesk
3. New accounts of those MA students continuing their studies as PhD students will be created automatically based on their status.
4. BA students continuing on to MA degrees at CEU should follow step f below and request temporary prolongation. Their email accounts will then be converted to MA accounts in mid-August.
a. SPP/DPP one-year MA students will have their accounts active until 15th of December 2023. Mundus MAPP students until 15th of November 2021.
b. Gender Studies GEMMA Erasmus Mundus MA will have their accounts active until 31st of October 2023.
c. Thesis submission deadline of one-year MS Environmental Sciences students is 31st July, so their accounts will be closed on the 31st of August 2023.
d. Students in special situations (i.e. prolonged thesis submission, sickness) have a unique account closing date agreed with their departmental coordinators.
f. Those students who would like to request a temporary prolongation of their IT account, should fill this web-form specifying the reasons for prolongation. Applying for such will extend your current IT account and access to all IT services (Office 365, VPN, Moodle, wifi and computer access, printing, etc.) until 31st October 2023.
6. Alumni Consent
Being a CEU graduate has its advantages! But in order for graduates to use their alumni benefits and services, the university needs graduate permission to stay in touch. IMPORTANT: To continue using CEU email accounts, and to receive all the latest information on the alumni services and departmental updates, graduates are asked to fill in the "Future Communications" section of their graduation form. For more information on IT and career services, networking opportunities and more, please see here.
Questions? Write the IT Department.